What is the FRP-Rebar?
FRP-Rebar (Fiber Reinforced Plastic Bar – is the polymeric armature strengthened by a continuous fiber). It consists of glass plastic material cores or basalt plastic material cores
|Glassfiber reinforced plastic bar
|Bazaltfiber reinforced plastic bar
with the diameter from 4 to 40 mm,length up to 12 meters ( it might be rolled in a coils) with the ribbed surface of a spiral shape.
The composite armature is intended for applying in concrete structures with the pre-stressed and non-stressed reinforcement instead of using the traditional steel armature.
Available in sale FRP-Rebar
Available in sale FRP-Rebar is made of plastics reinforced by aramide fiber (AFRP), by carbon fiber (CFRP), glasses fiber (GFRP) and basalt fiber (BFRP), packed in a polymeric matrix. The widest application was received GFRP-Rebar and BFRP-Rebar. GFRP-Rebar at the expense of prices at the enough good characteristics. BFRP-Rebar, has received wide application, due to the unique resistance)to all kinds of chemical environments. Typical products FRP: cores, rod and cables.
Glassfiber Reinforced Plastic Bar.
There are various types of the forms of a structure (square, round, firm and cavity) and systems of deformations (deformation of external winding of fibres, sandy covering and separately formed deformations). A sample of five clearly various types FRP-Rebar in a fig. 1
By what the frp-rebar is better than the steel one?
- it is stronger than the steel armature in 1,5-2 times;
- it weighs 3,5-4 times less than the steel armature;
- it has the high module of elasticity when the relative extension coefficient is low. Besides it has strong durability as respects to stress loads and also possesses good flow curves;
- it doesn''t corrode, changes its mechanical properties rather weakly under the influence of acids, salts and alkalis;
- it is a dielectric and also is radio transparent and magnetically inactive (the change of strength properties of composite armature under the influence of electromagnetic field is excluded);
- it keeps its strength properties under the influence of ultralow temperature;
- the thermal expansion coefficient of the composite armature corresponds to the thermal expansion coefficient of the concrete then that excludes breaks in the reinforcing and cracks formation in the protective layer of concrete under the influence of temperature cycles;
- the coefficient of heat conductivity of the composite armature is low tenfold than the one of the steel armature (it is commensurable with the wood). The composite armature is the basic reinforcing material for multilayered heat saving building constractions, it provides an effective heat insulation and the absence of cold bridges during the long operation life of the multilayered heat-insulative wallings and facades, all these characteristics are achieved owing to the low coefficient of heat conductivity, high corrosion resistance and the absence of gradient frost actions of the heater in length of the armature.